Are you looking for the best apps for coaches?
You are on the right page!
Let’s face it: if you are an online coach, you definitely need the right tools to create, sell, and market your programs to your clients, in the most efficient way.
While there are several coaching software in the market, you need the ones that offer optimum solutions and allow you to grow and manage your business easily.
Instead of using individual apps to track analytics, manage payments, create challenges, send push notifications, etc, you can stick with an app that combines all these features.
In this guide to the best apps for coaches, you will learn everything you need to know.
How Can Coaching Apps Improve Your Practice
As a coach selling your services to clients digitally, you surely need the right apps and tools to convert more customers and operate your business in the most efficient way.
These apps are the coaching toolkits that enable you to deliver your programs and solutions better to your clients.
Some of the reasons you need these apps are because they:
- allow you to sell your services to clients from anywhere in the world
- Save you the cost of scheduling a 1-on-1 real-life coaching experience
- Serves as a secure and reliable database to save confidential information you and your clients shared
While you can use individual tools like billing software, spreadsheets, e-calendar, to cater to different aspects of your business, the best coaching apps allow you to sell your solutions most professionally and enable you to access tons of features from a single platform.
This means you don’t need standalone tools anymore.
The perfect coaching app allows you to showcase your expertise and present your programs in the most delightful form.
With the right apps, you can:
- Create interesting lessons, exercises, and live training to enable your clients to learn better
- Track your clients’ progress to see how they are engaging with your content
- Offer your solutions in the most engaging, automated pattern using the content scheduler or drip content
However, finding the best apps for coaches is a struggle considering the plethora of options in the market. It’s easy to fall victim to garbage software packaged as an all-in-one coaching solution.
5 things to Check Before Picking a Coaching Tool
There are many aspects to online coaching that you might need an app for. For example, if you want to manage your time, invoices, and schedules efficiently, there are tons of management tools you can use.
But if you need coaching software that allows you to showcase your expertise and sell your programs most professionally, there are a few things you should look out for before picking one.
It’s also worth mentioning that these features depend on your niche and clientele, but you should always pick a coaching app that provides:
- Content tool for creating content and resources that belong to your brand
- Communication tool for interacting with your clients especially in real-time
- Coaching templates so you don’t have to waste time building one from scratch
- Real-time analytics to see how your clients are engaging with your programs
11 Best Apps for Coaches in 2023
Now let’s dive into the list of the best coaching apps.
Passion.io is currently the only solution in the market that allows online coaches and course creators to create mobile apps for their businesses without any coding.
You can use passion.io drag and drop builder to create a responsive app that works on every device (smartphones, tablets, desktops, smart tv, and laptops) in 15 minutes.
Another feature I enjoy on Passion.io is the content drip. This is mostly useful for selling courses. It allows you to release your content to students bit by bit instead of allowing them to access everything at the same time.
You can also create a membership package of either one-time or monthly subscriptions and enable clients to pay directly from the app. This means you can get paid without resorting to a third-party payment gateway.
If you create lessons for your clients frequently, you can use the push notification feature to alert them in real-time when you upload a new lesson.
What’s even more fascinating about passion.io is that it supports live streaming. You can create lessons and allow your clients to watch it in real-time.
Overall, I pick passion.io as the best app for coaches looking to skyrocket their businesses to the moon and simplify their work process. You can use this app builder to create an app for your services.
There are dozens of templates to choose from, so you don’t need to start building from scratch. The best part is you can try passion.io for free.
- No coding and design skills needed
- Advanced drag and drop builder
- Responsive on all devices
- Built-in payment gateway
- Ready-made app templates
- On-demand and live streaming tool
- Push notifications
- Create interactive community
- Group-based challenges for the community
Passion.i0 currently offers only two pricing plans.
- Pro plan – $97 per month
- Ultimate plan – $297per month
Quenza is one of the few coaching apps that offers tons of functionality, allowing coaches to sell their packages efficiently. The platform is a versatile tool that helps coaches transform their services into a digital package.
Some of the key features that make this app unique include push notifications, online surveys, and multimedia.
Coaches can use the Quenza’s stress-free activity builder to create lessons, assessments, and exercises that clients can access and complete from their mobile devices, and computers.
The best part is you can turn this lesson into a pathway that your clients can complete in their own time, following the structure and interval you set. For example, you can use the drip content pattern which allows clients to only access the next lessons only when they complete the previous one.
If you don’t want to build this pathway yourself, you can dive into Quenza’s library of pre-loaded activities to find a ready-made template you can revamp.
In terms of security, Quenza got you covered. Their app is GDPR and HIPAA compliant, which means the information between you and your clients is secure. They also make use of the personal PIN code and 128-bit encryption.
One thing I think is missing from Quenza is the payment plan feature. You can’t bill your clients through the app. This means you can only give them access to your program after receiving payment manually.
And this can be a serious issue if you run a membership coaching package where clients need to renew their subscription every month.
If you want to have a glimpse of the app before going in with your two legs, you can start with the 1-month trial for just $1.
- Activity builder for creating branded coaching content
- Expansion library to get ready-to-use templates for building content pathway
- GDPR and HIPAA compatible
- Push notifications to update clients about new content in real-time
- Online surveys to get feedback from clients
When billed annually, the pricing plans are:
- Lite – $41 per month ($490 per year)
- Standard – $74 per month ($890 per year)
- Unlimited – $124 per month ($1,490 per year)
Paperbell is one of the best payment, scheduling, and service delivery tools for coaches. The app allows you to transform your coaching services into a real business, by cutting off the brick-and-mortar approach.
If you are an online coach and you want to sell your packages without having to combine tons of tools and you want the process to be seamless, Paperbell might be a good deal for you.
You can decide to sell your coaching packages as a one-on-one session or in groups.
Once you create your coaching program, Paperbell will help you create a landing page around it. You can then start sending clients to the page or embed it on your website, and Paperbell will carry on from there.
The app will help you manage payment, contract signing, scheduling, and even allow you to take surveys. It’s indeed an all-in-one coaching solution that allows you to sell your packages effortlessly, without having to rely on multiple software.
The good news is there is a free plan.
- Creating one-time, recurring, or payment plans
- Accept payment via Stripe or Paypal
- Group coaching
- Digital content delivery
- Contract signing
- Client management
Paperbell offers only two payment plans that include all the features.
- An unlimited free plan that allows only 1 client
- Paid plan at $50/month or $480/year
CoachAccountable is one of the best full-stack client management apps for coaches. It helps you to maximize the time you spend on coaching so you don’t end up wasting it.
The team behind CoachAccountable believes that the in-between sessions of coaching is what is most valuable. So since 2012, they have been upgrading the software to help coaches get the best out of that moment and scale their business.
If you are unsure if it’s a good fit for you or you need some time to understand how it works, you can leverage the 30-day free trial to get started.
- Mobile-friendly and compatible with any device
- Appointment setting with automatic reminders
- Internal one-time or recurring invoicing
CoachAccountable pricing is structured to grow with your business. If you have a low number of clients, your payment will be low and vice versa. This means you can start small and grow big.
There is a payment plan that works for everybody:
- Starter plan 2 clients – $20 per month
- Level 1 plan 5 clients – $40 per month
- Level 2 plan 10 clients – $70 per month
- Level 3 plan 20 clients – $120 per month
- Level 3.5 plan 35 clients – $200 per month
- Level 4 plan 50 clients – $200 per month
- Level 4.5 plan 75 clients – $340 per month
- Level 5 plan 100 clients – $400 per month
- Level 6 plan 200 clients – $800 per month
- Level 6.5 plan 250 clients – $1,000 per month
- Level 6.6 plan 300 clients – $1,200 per month
- Level 6.7 plan 350 clients – $1,400 per month
- Level 6.8 plan 400 clients – $1,600 per month
- Level 6.9 plan 450 clients – $1,800 per month
- Level 7 plan 500 clients – $2,000 per month
- Level 7.5 plan 750 clients – $3,000 per month
- Level 8 plan 1000 clients – $4,000 per month
Are you looking to create a website for your coaching business? Showit is one of the best website builders for coaches. You can use it to easily build an internet presence for your coaching business leveraging tons of ready-made templates.
You can get things done with just a few drags and drops, plus access to tons of features that makes the process a breeze. With Showit, anyone can create a coaching website without writing a single line of code or hiring a coder.
There is also a 14-day free trial you can get started with.
- Drag and drop building features
- No coding
- Easily publish content on WordPress
- Outstanding customer support
There are 3 pocket-friendly plans for Showit:
- Showit – $24 per month
- Showit + Basic Blog – $29 per month
- Showit + Advanced Blog – $39 per month
Calendly is arguably the best coaching booking software in the market.
As an online coach, if you’ve been struggling to meet up with your schedules, Calendly will surely come in handy. It’s the number one scheduling platform and value-packed store for coaching scheduling needs.
The app is really worth the hype. It allows you to sync with your calendar, customize your availability, leave buffer time between every meeting, and even allows you to accept payment from clients before they can book your time.
Calendly has a 14-day free trial and a permanent free plan with limitations.
- Accept payment via Paypal or Stripe
- Generate a meeting link or embed code
- Automatic reminders plus follow-up through email and text message
- Calendar + Zoom integrations
Here are the four pricing plans for Calendly:
- Basic plan – $0 per month
- Premium plan – $8 per month
- Pro plan – $12 per month
- Enterprise plan (you need to request a quote)
Teachable is one of the best course and online coaching platforms that coaches can also use to sell their programs. Regardless of what your coaching niche is, Teachable has tons of tools you can utilize to create, market, and monetize your programs.
If you really want to share your expertise with a large audience and want to make a great impact online, you should try Teachable. It’s currently used by over 100,000 course creators and coaches around the world and has helped them generate over $1 billion in sales.
All Teachables’ plans allow you to work with an unlimited number of clients and programs.
- Student management functionality
- Advanced dashboard to track sales and other powerful data
- Sales page templates
- Easy-to-edit multimedia options
Teachable offers 3 paid plans at the moment:
- Basic – $39 per month
- Pro plan – $119 per month
- Business – $299 per month
Even though ActiveCampaign is an email marketing tool, it’s still one of the best apps for coaches.
Assuming you are not using an all-in-one coaching platform like Passion.io or Teachable that simplifies the process of reaching out to your clients, you definitely need a tool like ActiveCampaign to collect your client’s email addresses and send them regular friendly emails.
If you build your coaching website with a platform like WordPress or/and email marketing is one of the core parts of your business, you definitely need ActiveCampaign to up your game and work efficiently.
The tool will help you create email marketing campaigns that drive consistent sales to your business.
- Drag and drop email builder
- Email automation
- Audience segmentation
- High-level reporting and goal setting
- Sleek landing pages
ActiveCampaign’s pricing plan depends on the size of your email list and the features you want to have access to. Meaning if you are a solo coach, you will be paying less, and the cost is higher for does running a coaching team.
Krisp has been ranked the best noise-canceling software for coaches.
It’s no news that audio is essential to coaches. You don’t want to be interacting with your clients and have background noise disturbing the crucial moment. This is where Krisp comes in.
It’s a powerful app that automatically removes background noises and echos during meetings to enable clear and audible audios. You can integrate Krisp with popular apps like Google Meet, Zoom, Slack, and 800+ more.
Plus there is a free plan to test the water.
- Room echo canceling
- Background noise removal for both ends of the call
- Low power mode
- HD voice and 24/7 customer support
- Personal plan $0 per month (120 minutes per week)
- Personal Pro plan $12 per month (unlimited minutes)
- Teams plan $12 per month (unlimited minutes)
- Enterprise plan (you need to contact them to get a quote)
10. Life Coach Hub
Life Coach Hub is a platform that allows coaches to easily create and sell their services from a single interface. The software gives coaches access to an interactive toolkit containing everything a coach will need to interact with his clients.
It’s easy to build a customized, branded website on Life Coach Hub and add sections like welcome, plans, notes, contract, goals, assessment, journaling, comments, etc.
To give you a better idea of how the platform works, you can create a demo account to experience the interface either as the coach or client. You can add content to the demo page but they will be removed after 24 hrs.
One downside of the platform is that you need to publicly display your fees by giving a range.
- Website builder for coaches
- Display services
- Client feedback/reviews
- A free directory listing
- Free plan – $0
- New coaches at $17/month (allows 3–4 clients and 3–8 course members)
- Professional coaches at $37/month (5–8 clients and 9–15 course members)
- Master coaches at $57/month (includes unlimited clients and course members)
11. Life Coach Office (LCO)
Like Life Coach Hub, LCO allows you to create and sell your coaching programs. The only exception is that you can integrate LCO with your existing website, which gives it an edge over LCH.
If you also want to create an online course for your clients, you can do that on the platform easily. Plus every information you save there is secure and consistently backed up. It’s another website builder for online coaches.
Similarly to LCH, LCO pricing plans are:
- LCO Kick-starter for new coaches at $24/month (allows 10 clients)
- LCO Premium for experienced coaches at $49/month (allows unlimited clients)
- LCO Enterprise for multiple coaches at $99/month (allows unlimited clients and up to 10 coaches)
Conclusion: Best Apps for Coaches
Being an online coach is the easiest way to sell your expertise to the right audience. However, things can get stressful if you don’t know the right tools to use for your business.
While there are many solutions in the market, it’s easy to fall victim to mediocre software claiming to be the best apps for coaches.
You need an app that allows you to create, sell and promote your programs to your clients. Even better, the best coaching app should also allow you to communicate with your audience in real-time and accept payment from them, all from the same platform.
This is why I picked the Passion.io app as the top choice. It’s an app builder that ticks all the boxes.
Ever since it’s launched, thousands of online coaches have ditched platforms like Kajabi and Teachable to sell their programs on Passion.io.
Come to think of it, people spend more time and are more comfortable on their phones than desktop computers. So if you sell your programs through a mobile app, you are likely going to grow quicker and retain more clients.
That’s it! Do you also accept that Passion.io is the best app for coaches looking to sell their solutions in a more effective way? Or you know a better choice?
Let me know in the comment section.
Best Software for Life Coaches
Leave a Reply