Who is the richest blogger in Nigeria?
Want to know? Then continue reading
Have you heard of how Nigerian online gurus are making its big time online? This is true and this post is a confirmation of how lucrative blogging in Nigeria can be for as many looking into building a successful career on blogging.
Blogging is way you can make money online. Blogging is the act of writing something like a web journal or should I say feeding the internet with useful information and earning some side income while doing that.
Gurus Coach is an example of a blog that covers entrepreneurship topics, growing your business and getting a good job.
I have a written a similar post on list of top blogs in Nigeria. Being a top blogger also means making a full-time income through your blog as the more traffic you have means the more money you earn depending on how you monetize your blog.
All numbers given here is not the actual amount each of the bloggers earn but an estimate. Take your time and inspire yourself in order to move on in this blogging race.
Highest Paid Bloggers In Nigeria
1. Linda Ikeji
If you are a blogger or even a new blogger, there is no doubt you have not heard about her. While writing this post, I was thinking of skipping her name as the highest earning blogger in Nigeria the news about her being the most influential blogger in Nigeria is just too noisy that other bloggers going secretly are not covered.
If Linda Ikeji is your model in blogging then you are most likely to fail, because what worked for her might not work for you. This is not a sentimental statement but the truth about blogging. Blogging 10 years ago is different from blogging now.
You have to understand how to stand out and your plan to outsmart our competitor. This is why many bloggers fail because they make money their only inspiration. I said “Only” because I also believe money can be a good motivation if used in the right way.
But it must never be your only inspiration to blogging, that is why Brian Clark said that your main priority in your online business should be to add value.
2. Uche Eze
Uche Eze is the founder of BellaNaija.com. Bellanaija is a very popular blog and has very controversial blog topics.
Uche Eze is able to build this big and attractive blog because of how well the contents are written, and her blog design.
Her blog attracts very high blog traffic and also makes her good full time income. She is one of the highest earning bloggers in Nigeria.
My plan is to interview her one day and have her share with us first-hand how she started and challenges she failed while running the blog.
Regardless of what blog you start, running a blog has never been easy except you outsource the major task of blogging which is writing, designing and marketing.
3. Kingsley Ezeani
Kingsley Ezeani is the founder of Informationng.com one of the biggest information blog and entertainment in Nigeria.
If you are an intermediate blogger, you must have come across this blog if you into information blog in Nigeria. Informationng is a very big player in the world of blogging.
Kingsley Ezeani has an estimated of about 10 employees, who are the in house team developing and improving Informationng.com.
Kingsley Ezeani is also one of the highest earning blogger in Nigeria because of how large the amount of traffic his blog generates everyday.
He makes money using two major means of monetisation.
- Google Adsense : Google Adsense is a cost-per-click ads network which pays bloggers per click. It is owned and operated by Google.
• Direct Adevertisement : Informationng also accept direct advertisement from advertisers interested in advertising on his blog.
4. Makinde Azeez
Makinde Azeez is the founder of NaijaLoaded, the biggest entertainment blog focusing majorly on music and videos, which is ranked among the top 20 most visited blog in Nigeria. Makinde Azeez is one of the highest earning blogger in Nigeria as a result of high amount of traffic.
He makes money using these means of blog monetisation.
• Google Adense: Google Adsense is one of the easiest means of blog monetisation but reduces the earning capacity of your blog.
• Direct Advertisement: Naijaloaded accept direct advertisement from advertisers interested in advertising on NaijaLoaded. NaijaLoaded also have some other means of advertisement on their blog which are
• Sponsored Post: Sponsored post is a post written for the purpose of advertisement and promotion.
• Music and Video Promotion: NaijaLoaded also help musicians gain fame and popularity by helping them promote their music and videos at a fixed price depending on the number of days the advert will run on their blog.
5. Bamidele Onibalusi
Bamidele Onibalusi is my role model as how he made his mark on the internet as guest blogging expert world wide. He is the founder of Writers in Charge, a blog that help writers improve their writing skill and get new clients to work for.
He is not as famous as the likes of those listed on this blog because Nigerian favour entertainment than any other topic.
But still, he is the most popular Nigerian blogger all over the world and a example of building a brand and not just a blog.
The sad thing is, Nigerians do not celebrate people like this who are bringing a good name to Nigeria but are only celebrating people who are in the entertainment industry.
He is not just one of the highest earning blogger in Nigeria but is also the highest paid Nigerian freelance writer.
Most of his monthly income from his blog is as a result of his freelance writing career.
6. Jide Ogunsanya
Jide Ogunsanya is a very popular name in this blogging niche because of he has been helping others start and run a successful blog in Nigeria. So, who is he? He is the founder of Ogbongeblog, a technology blog that covers how-to post and webmasters topics include internet marketing. He is a very successful blogger and also a popular one in his niche.
Jide Ogunsanya makes money on his blog through the following means of monetisation.
• Google Adsense: Google Adsense is the most popular means of blog monetisation in Nigeria because of how easy it is to start earning but requires large traffic to make good traffic online. Jide Ogunsanya makes use of Google Adsense as one his means of blog monetisation.
• Sponsored Post: Jide Ogunsanya run sponsored post on his blog, helping others leverage his high social influence to promote their business at a fee.
• Direct Advertisement: On ogbongeblog, Jide Ogunsanya runs direct advertisement including both text links and display advertisement.
• Services: Jide Ogunsanya offers services pertaining to his skill as a webmaster on his blog. Some of these services are but not limited to; Starting a blog, blog design, changing blogspot address to custom address, wordpress blog set up, hosting, etc.
• Sells Product: He also sells products like E-book and other gadget product.
• Affiliate Maketing: Affiliate marketing is the act of driving leads to a blog and getting a commission in return. He is an affiliate for popular affiliate marketing program like Amazon associate program, Jumia affiliate program, DomainKing, etc.
7. Omoyele Sowore
I would have loved to omit this man as one of the richest blogger in Nigeria because it is not actually a direct and could cause me to include blogs like Dailypost.ng, pulse.ng, but the fact remains that this man is not only a blogger but a popular activist in Nigeria.
Omoyele Sowore is the founder Saharareporters, a blog that helps foster transparency in the government and reduce corruption. Well, that is what its was created and he is doing his best to fulfil this but still he runs one of the most biggest blog in Nigeria.
His blog is one of those Nigerian blogs that received investment from foreign organisations in order to promote its cause.
His blog makes money by
• Google Adsense: Google Adsense is the most popular means of blog monetisation in Nigeria because of how easy it is to start earning but requires large traffic to make good traffic online. Omoyele Sowore makes use of Google Adsense as one his means of blog monetisation.
• Sponsored Post: Omoyele Sowore run sponsored post on his blog, helping others leverage his high social influence to promote their business at a fee.
• Direct Advertisement: Omoyele Sowore runs direct advertisement including both text links and display advertisement.
8. Noble Igwe
Noble Igwe is the founder of one of the biggest music blog in Nigeria, 360nobs. This blog is worth being on this list because of how influential and popular the blogger is.
Noble Igwe monetize his blog through Google Adsense and Direct Advertisement.
9. Laila Ijeoma
Laila Ijeoma is a popular blogger that is known as a blogger that quitted a high paying bank job to blog full-time. She is the founder of Lailasblog which is a blog that covers entertainment posts. Laila Ijeoma has been interviewed by blogs like Punchng about her success in the blogging world; so adding her to this list is not a mistake.
She monetizes her blog through Google Adsense and direct advertisement.
Ovie is one of the richest blogger in Nigeria. He is the founder of the popular well known music blog, Notjustok.com. Notjustok is a one of the most popular music blog which caters for the Nigeria audience.
Ovie makes money through
• Google Adsense
• Direct Advertisement
• Music Promotion
• Sponsored post