Reasons to Start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria
• Affiliate marketing can help you increase your business revenueWith affiliate marketing, you have the opportunity of promoting already popular products. Affiliate marketing gives you the opportunity of making more money with your blog or online platform.
• Affiliate marketing helps you to identify the right product to produce in order to avoid waste of time.Instead of producing products that are not useful or needed by your visitors or customers, it is better starting with affiliate marketing and see which product works best.
• It is easy and flexibleAffiliate marketing is easier but can be a game for the smart; because you advertise a product which already has a spot in the market and has shortened the chain of conversion. Wondering what I meant by chain of conversion? Conversion is the process where by a prospect takes the step of placing an order. In order to persuade a prospect to take an action, there are things needed to do in order to convince the prospect to take an action. This things needed to do are what I call “chain of conversion”. Conversion is not a sudden thing, neither does it occur by accident. It is a gradual process. Each of your words, composure and behaviour to the prospect plays an important role in converting your prospect. I said flexible, because there are various affiliate programs you can join at the same time. The flexibility of affiliate marketing has added more opportunities to triple your income. In order to utilise affiliate marketing for your own good, you need to take up courses and learn from expert. Affiliate marketing is easy and can be very difficult for beginners with no prior knowledge of online businesses or digital marketing. In this post, I have decided to give you some basics of affiliate marketing and the various affiliate programs you sign up to as a Nigerian. Note: this post is a long one, kindly get a cup of coffee as we go through the basics of digital marketing. Let’s begin.
Best Affiliate Marketing Programs In Nigeria
Here is How to Get Started for Beginners1. Register for free on their website Click here to read registration procedure Click here to register direct on their website 2. Login to your Affiliate dashboard Click here to go to Jumia Affiliate Login Dashboard 3. Select Product(s) you would love to market to your audience There are various lists of affiliate products you could affiliate for such as but not limited to: clothes, shoes, phones, computers, laptops, accessories, cooking equipment, utensils, etc. 4. Copy the affiliate link for the product and place on your blog If you do not have a blog, you can place the affiliate link on your facebook page, instagram account, twitter account, etc. If you are willing to start your own blog, learn how to start it the right way. 5. Write a Comprehensive Review of the Product you Affiliate for. 6. Make Sales and Get a Commission for it. 7. The Required Threshold before you area allowed to withdraw is #10,000 Wondering, what threshold is? Threshold is the minimum amount you must have earned before you can withdraw your money. If you have not earned up to #10,000, you cannot withdraw your commission.
2. Konga Affiliate ProgramKonga is the second most popular e-commerce store in Nigeria. Konga also have thousands of products for you to market. Konga Affiliate Program is known for it flexibility and ease of us we. Konga have products witht cheaper price compared to other e-commerce stores in Nigeria which makes them a competitive. Their products in the musical instrument section is known for it attractive and competitive price. Konga is easy to join and easier to get started with.
Here is How to Get Started• Register with them for free on their Websites Click here to read Konga Affiliate Registration Procedure • Login to your Affiliate Dashboard Click here to visit Konga Affiliate Log in Page. • Select the Product(s) you would love to market Remember, the product you choose must be related to your blog or must be a product you are familiar with in order to improve your authority and chances of being successful as an affiliate marketer. • Copy the Affiliate Link of the Product and Place on your Blog, Facebook Page, Twitter account or whatever Marketing model you would love to Utilise Learn how to start a blog. • Write a Comprehensive Review of the Product you affiliate for Depending on the affiliate product, many will require you content of different kinds such as image content, copy sale, video content, etc. Your image must be well designed to pass messages to your prospect and help them to take action. If you are new to creating images, Canva is your friend. Visit Canva to learn and design images, info-graphics, logo, etc. • Make a Sale and Get a Commission for each Sale. The commission paid on each sale is about 9%. • The Required Threshold before you are allowed to withdraw your commission is #10,000
3. TravelStart Affiliate ProgramTravel Start is a travel agency, one of the leading online travel agency. Travel Start Affiliate Program is different from the two already listed above. It requires critical marketing as it could take a long time to make a sale if you are not smart enough. WHY? This is because , Nigerians are just getting comfortable with buying things online. So the best marketing technique that works best for us is: Providing Value and Building Trust This is the only marketing technique that can stand the test of time. Trust and value are the only things that can convince and convert a prospect easily to purchase anything from you without doubting your credibility. Anyway, people are a making a full-time income from the affiliate program How TravelStart Affiliate Program works • It is simple- as a partner you earn money every time a user clicks through to their site and makes a booking • Recommend TravelStart site to your users by placing their affiliate banners and links on your websites.
How to Get Started with TravelStart Affiliate Program1. Register for free on their website Click here to read TravelStart registration procedure Click here to register direct on their website. 2. Login to your Affiliate dashboard. Click here to go to TravelStart Affiliate Login Dashboard. 3. Copy the affiliate link for the product and place on your blog If you do not have a blog, you can place the affiliate link on your facebook page, instagram account, twitter account, etc. If you are willing to start your own blog, learn how to start it the right way. 4. Write a Comprehensive Review of the Product you Affiliate for Remember, do not be too salesy. 5. Make Sales and Get a Commission for it There are reasons to join TravelStart Affiliate Product or should I say what you stand to benfit. These are: • Cheapest fares: TravelStart negotiates directly with suppliers to secure the lowest prices and exclusive rates. As a TravelStart affiliate, you are liable to display these promotions on your website. • Earn Highly competitive commission from day 1 at no cost to you • TravelStart supplies you with the feeds and support you need to acquire customer • A top-notch CRM programme dedicated to building long-term customer retention and loyalty • Feature dynamic flight information on your site with banners and links that their tracking system will record and remunerate you for at the end of every month.
4. Payporte Affiliate ProgramPayporte is one of the popular e-commerce store in Nigeria. It was founded in 2014 with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Payporte affiliate program consist of different products which you can affiliate for them. I strongly recommend payporte affiliate program to fashion bloggers because payporte fashion section contain varieties of cheap and attractive clothes and other clothing materials. This is my own point opinion but any blogger can also register.
5. Wakanow Affiliate ProgramWakanow is an online travel agency. It is a competitor of travelstart. Wakanow provides very attractive offer to their affiliate marketers. Great discounts, fare flexibility, sell more-win more, easier payment plans and so many more benefits will be yours when you sign up to become a Wakanow affiliate. Affiliate Benefits include 1. Unbeatable commission- great discounts on Airfare Airport pickup services. 2. Access to wakanow credit 3. Earn more revenue 4. Faster and more convenient 5. Easy booking
6. WEB4AFRICA Affiliate ProgramWeb4Africa is a web hosting company that provides hosting for web developers, webmasters, provide domains for webmasters. Web4Africa offer a 10% commission on each valid referral. Web4Africac audit referrals to weed out invalid transactions. Obviously, they cannot pay-out commissions on fraudulent orders. Web4Africa also have a referring program that allows you to refer your friends and blog readers to sign up to web4africa website.
7. VCONNECT AFFILIATE PROGRAMVconnect is a business listing website referred to as a local search engine. Vconnect affiliate program works similar to other top e-commerce website affiliate system like Jumia, Konga. Vconnect pay a variable commission on different types of products. All you need is to direct traffic and sales to Vconnect.
International Affiliate ProgramsInternational affiliate Programs are affiliate programs owned and operated by a multi-national companies. Joining these affiliate programs opens a larger streams of income for you as an affiliate marketer. Affiliate programs that pay in dollars pay better than local affiliate program. The affiliate programs are listed below.
8. Amazon Affiliate ProgramAmazon affiliate program is the largest affiliate program. Amazon is an e-commerce company with millions of product to affiliate for. Amazon started with main aim of selling books but now sells any product you can think of in your local market ranging from kitchen utensils to gadget, machines, foods, books, clothes, shoes etc. Amazon also started amazon kindle providing the avenue for writers and authors to write and publish their e-books for sale. Amazon is the biggest e-commerce company in the world. So, How do I start?
- Build an active website, blog. In order to join amazon affiliate program (Associate program), you must have an active blog, YouTube channel or app.
- Visit the Amazon Associate homepage. It is on this page you fill in your registration details.
- Build your Amazon Associates Profile. After registration, add your account, website address, app, YouTube channel etc.
- Create Amazon Affiliate links
- Start making sales
9. ClickBank Affiliate ProgramClicKbank is an affiliate network and an e-commerce website that specialises in selling digital product; Serves as a link between digital content creators and affiliate marketers, who then promote them to customers. Clickbank pays as high as 75% commission; this is the attractive part of clickbank affiliate program. In Clickbank, you choose the digital product you want to promote, flexible in all manners.
10. ShareaSale Affiliate ProgramShareaSale has been in business for 19 years, exclusively affiliate marketing network. ShareaSale is one of the largest affiliate network. ShareaSale has products ranging from home and garden products, fashion products, agricultural products, business products and many more products available to promote.
10. Fiverr Affiliate ProgramFiverr is one of the largest freelance services market place for you to outsource your assignment, technical work, etc. It was founded in 2010, the company is based in Tel Aviv, Israel. Fiverr affiliate program is attractive because of their high commission rate. Fiverr affiliate program is a referral program, where you refer someone and get paid doing so. This is a simple way to make some side income. To register, you need to create account with fiverr and you are automatically an affiliate. Your referral code is on the right side of your dashboard. After getting your referral code, you can paste it on your blog, website, YouTube channel, facebook pages and groups.
How to Start Affiliate MarketingStarting affiliate marketing has been made easy with a lot of resources online to guide you.
- Pick an affiliate network you would love to join. The right affiliate network for you is that network with a product you know and can refer others to. Because, referring a bad product to your audience will cost you the credibility that took you years to build. Promote affiliate product you have used or trust.
- Build a good and converting audience
- Place your affiliate links on your blog, YouTube channel, etc.
Ways of Marketing your Affiliate Products
1. BlogIf you are not new to online businesses, chances are you would have heard of blogs several times. A blog is a regularly updates website or webpage, typically one run by an individual or small group that is written in an informal or conversational style. – google. Blogging is a great marketing tool, as it is easier to sell your blog readers if you have already built a strong relationship with them. With a blog, it is easier to market your affiliate product and make huge sales. There is more to this, with a blog you are exposed to other means of monetisation; this can triple your income if done rightly. For as many who are new to online businesses, you might wonder; how do I start a blog? I have already written a comprehensive post on how to start a blog.
2. Social MediaDo not neglect the power social media wields. Your prospects are all on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc. which proves how powerful the social media can be to you. In order to utilise this tool to the maximum, you must take your time to learn what works and those that DON’T that is the act of social media marketing. The social media marketing is another vast field that requires you to learn it act. Social media marketing involves but not limited to creating a facebook page, twitter account, instagram account and marketing your affiliate product ono each social media account.
3. Pay-Per-ClickThis is a paid advert as it name implies. Pay-Per-Click involves running paid ads with google adwords and other advert networks for keyword related to your affiliate product. Pay-Per-Click also known as Cost-Per-Click, is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to your website in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked. This could be expensive for beginners, as they have many things to worry about. This is a very fast means of generating traffic to your affiliate product and making sales. Pay-Per-Click speeds up your progress and helps you make good sales. Just like every other techniques listed here, pay-per-click can be done wrongly if there is no prior knowledge of ads management.
4. SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)This is a free way of generating traffic for your affiliate product and blog. It involves and not limited to writing search engine optimized content, producing video contents in order to rank well on search engines such as google, bing, etc. There are various things to consider ranking well on search engines and generating a large traffic to your blog, which makes it a skill every internet geek must learn. The best SEO technique that can never be replaced is providing values for your reader. Do not refer a poor product to your audience just because of the commission you stand to gain. Even in marketing and selling, ensure you are looking for the best interest of your audience.
Final WordAffiliate marketing is a good online business model you can implement to earn some side incomes online. There are a lot of bloggers making a full-time income online through affiliate marketing. All you need is consistency and a good strategy to drive sales. Remember, that the more you implement the more perfect you become in affiliate marketing. Want more articles like this, kindly sign up through the box below. Also, kindly contribute to this blog by sharing this post with your friends on social media. Sharing is Caring.
Hey!, I’m Akinduyo Eniola. Here’s my space on the internet, where I write about business and marketing. I share my experiments on this blog. That said, my other identity is a freelance content marketer. I write for B2B and SaaS companies.